Immigrant Investors

For immigrant investors, the federal Immigrant Investor Program like federal Immigrant Entrepreneur is closed, and IRCC is no longer accepting applications for this program.

Quebec Investor Program instead is open but changed recently. To be eligible for the Investor Program, you must:

  • Have, alone or with your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, legally acquired net assets of at least C$2,000,000, excluding any amounts received by donation less than six months before your application is submitted
  • Have management experience
    For at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial, human or material resources under your authority. This does not include experience acquired in an apprenticeship, training or specialization leading to a diploma
  • Intend to settle in Québec
  • Sign an investment agreement with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program
  • Make a five-year term investment of C$1,200,000 with Investissement Québec – Immigrants Investisseurs Inc.

Your application will also be assessed on other factors, such as your age, education and language skills.






Business People

Canada welcomes successful business people who are seeking new opportunities and challenges. The Business Immigration Program or Investor Class are designed to encourage and facilitate the admission of these individuals. Both the federal and provincial governments welcome business immigrants and offer services to help immigrants start a business and settle in Canada. You are able to setup your own business once you become Permanent Resident or Citizen in Canada. Work Permit holders in some certain cases are able to setup their own business.

Foreign nationals who are not permanent resident (PR) or Citizen, need a study permit to study in Canada. Some people in specific situations may not. They should apply for a study permit before coming to Canada. Only some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada. Study permit is not a travel document. Study permit only lets they study in Canada, but they may also need a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.

You are able to work in Canada once you become permanent resident (PR) or Citizen in Canada. In most cases, foreign nationals will need one or more of the following documents to apply for a work permit:

  • An LMIA number from their employer if their job needs an LMIA;
  • Proof that their employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal;
  • An employment contract or letter (if their employer is exempt from the employer compliance process);
  • Proof that they are certified, accredited or qualified to work in the job they want;

In some cases, they might be exempt from an LMIA.

Permanent resident (PR) or citizen or may apply for public health insurance in Canada. With it, they do not have to pay for most health-care services in their province. They need a health insurance card from the province or territory where they live to get health care in Canada. They must show this card each time they get medical services. In some cases, the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) provides temporary health insurance to:

  • Refugees
  • Protected persons
  • Refugee claimants

It covers they and their dependents until they are eligible for health plan coverage through their province, territory or private plan.

Who is eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship:

  • Be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada;
  • Lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years;
  • Filed taxes, if required;
  • Pass the citizenship test;

Depending on their circumstances, may be additional required.

The ideal gateway to apply for your Canada migration application at YLG: